Have you applied for a concession for your utilities?
If you hold a card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs you can apply for a concession on your utilities. To find out more please contact the Concessions Hotline of Concession finder webpage.
Concessions Hotline – 1800 307 758 Concession finder (webpage)
If you do meet the criteria and are eligible for concessions on your utilities, below is the application form.
Westside fully supports its households to contact YESS Energy to arrange a home energy audit.
0407 771 197
If someone living in your home has a concession card, you may be eligible to receive some or all of the following free service and products through YESS Energy.
- Free personalised home energy assessment (and simple steps to follow to save money)
- LED light bulbs
- Shower head
- TV saver pack
- Computer saver pack
Energy Saving Tips
The following are tips provided by Origin Energy on ways you can reduce your energy consumption and save money in your home. Please note that any changes to the property to implement these cost saving ideas are the responsibility of the Tenant and will not be subsidized or maintained by Westside Housing Company Ltd.
Save Water in Your Home
Inside the average South Australian home, the greatest amount of water is used in the bathroom (20%) and toilet (11%).
One of the easiest ways of saving water in the bathroom and toilet is to install a water efficient showerhead and toilet cistern and ensure that you use them properly.
In your bathroom
- Take shorter showers – you can save up to 11 litres of water every minute by installing a water efficient shower head.
- Install a dual flush toilet – this can save you up to 50% on every flush.
- Check for a leaking toilet cistern. Put food colouring in the cistern. If the colour shows in the toilet bowl without flushing, you’ve got a leak.
- Turn the taps off when you’re brushing your teeth, washing your hands and shaving.
- Install water efficient appliances wherever possible.
- Install aerators on your taps.
For more information visit sawater.com.au